During pregnancy or quick weight gain, the skin is stretched swiftly over a period of time resulting in tear and torn of layers of skin and overtime they are replaced by scar tissue. They appear as pink or white threads on the abdomen, thighs, upper arms, breasts, and hips and are aesthetically unappealing. Laser treatment of the stretch marks is an effective method to reduce the visibility of stretch marks. Stretch marks are of two types:
- striae rubra- new stretch marks and appear red in color
- striae alba- old stretch marks and appear white in color
Stretch mark Laser Therapy
Laser therapy helps reduces the visibility of stretch marks. At Anew advanced aesthetic day care centre, we offer the best and latest techniques of lumenis laser treatment using Cynergy™ Pulsed dye laser and the Fraxel re store™ resurfacing laser. To treat stretch marks, both of these advanced laser systems work to induce remodeling of the collagen under the skin to allow for fading in color and blending of the texture of the stretch mark with the skin.
Causes of stretch marks
Due to the stretching of the skin, the structural support in deep layers is altered causing variation in the collagen and elastin. The first signs of development of stretch marks appear as pink lines in the stretch area. Mostly occur in the area of fat deposits. Causes of stretch marks include:
- Quick weight change
- Hormonal imbalance
- Certain medications
Treatment of new red stretch marks
New red stretch marks can be easily treated and vanished when compared to old and white stretch marks.
- Pulse dye laser:- the pulsed dye laser treatment is safe and effective to reduce the visibility of red discoloration of stretch marks.
- Fractional non-ablative lasers:- are another treatment technique used to remove red stretch marks. The treatment blends the shades of the stretch mark with the skin tone reducing the appearance of stretch marks.
Treatment of old white stretch marks
White stretch marks are more difficult to be treated and to reduce the visibility of the old stretch marks. However, laser treatment helps to reduce the visibility to a considerable extent.
- Lumenis fractional non-ablative lasers are a treatment technique used to remove red stretch marks. The treatment blends the shades of the stretch mark with the skin tone reducing the appearance of stretch marks. This method is more effective and performs by stimulating and remodeling the collagen and elastin in deeper layers of skin. Three to five treatment sessions may be required to produce improvement in the skin texture depending on the spread and age of the stretch marks
At Anew advanced aesthetic day care centre, we offer the best and latest techniques of laser treatment for stretch marks from well qualified and experienced aesthetic specialists to evaluate and select the best treatment choice based on the individual patient’s condition. To know more about laser treatment for stretch marks and treatment cost book an appointment now.